Ep006: Toby Presson | Networking For Entrepreneurship & Working While Travelling | Swan Websites
In todays interview I’m talking with my good friend Toby Presson. He runs a web design and branding company called Swan Websites, specifically niched at the financial sector. Toby has a great story to share. I’ve known him for the last 3 or 4 years and I’ve seen him move from working a normal 9 to 5 for a pensions company to travelling the world working on his own freedom business. He did this all by working on his social skills which allowed to climb the corporate ladder really quickly and at such a early age, gaining the experience he needed to get on the same page as a few high rollers in that industry. He then went out and networked his ass off and found potential problems in the system that he knew how to put right. Then started selling the solution back at them.
We are going to be talking about;
- The entrepreneurs itch to leave the 9 to 5 and finding a business idea that allows a location free lifestyle.
- Testing the market, finding out what is actually feasible by finding problems in an area you’re experienced in.
- Networking tips and sales psychology.
- Communication patterns and trigger points of consumers internationally.
- The correct way to find both mentors and clients by being the person that everyone wants on their side.
- How to customize branding to be fully representative of your client while being careful of only choosing clients that represent you!
Hope you enjoyed this as much as I enjoyed making it. Toby is ridiculously inspiring, He’s really got his head screwed on at such a young age, 12 years my junior, it actually makes me a bit jealous. His advice here really resonates with me and is so on point to how I’m choosing to live my life right now. It proves that the second you start working on your social life, your business can shoot through the roof with opportunities leading to huge positive shifts in your life. So go out there and be that socially cool person that everyone wants on his or her team.
Show your support and subscribe in You-tube and in iTunes. I make this content to help creative people in areas I’ve struggled the most in my career. If you feel you’re struggling with yours or you feel like you overcame some huge hurdle in your productive performance, guess what, I’d love to hear about it. So get in touch, like and follow me on Facebook and let’s have a chat about how we can bring out the best creative in you and in others.
For more from Toby, check out http://www.swanwebsites.com/